- Astronomers pay tribute to Leonard Nimoy by naming asteroid after him
- Executive producer Joseph Gordon-Levitt discusses the progress of his Sandman film
- Daniel Cerone, executive producer for Constantine, officially pronounced the show dead
- This dude spent $50k to turn his basement into an Elder Scrolls-themed wonderland
- Jon Bernthal (aka Shane from The Walking Dead) confirmed to play Punisher on second season of Daredevil (Related, here’s an interview I did with Bernthal a few years back.)
- And speaking of Marvel’s Netflix series, A.K.A. Jessica Jones has a new title
- And speaking of casting, there’s a rumor that Warwick Davis will reprise his role as Wickett the Ewok in The Force Awakens
- In other adorable, furry news: Cookie Monster is chased by a giant dinosaur cookie in this hilarious Sesame Street parody of Jurassic Park.
- The trailer for the film adaptation of Andy Weir’s The Martian dropped, and it looks amazing. However Nerds of Color reports that this film is another in a long string that erases its Asian characters, which is very disappointing.
- And finally, show your support for Alison Hendrix, school trustee nominee. Good for you, good for your sestras.
Tag Archives: Marvel Cinematic Universe
Some special guests, some regular exhibitors. Booth number in parentheses.
- enfu Seattle artist, creator of comics and other geeky things (502)
- Levi Hastings Seattle artist, illustrator on the card game Salem, also paints dinosaurs and other geeky things! (1214)
- Jody Houser Writer of the upcoming Orphan Black comic (II-12)
- Matthew Inman Seattle writer/artist who created The Oatmeal. (202)
- Mike Mignola Creator of Hellboy. (A-09)
- Noelle Stevenson Comic writer and artist, known for Lumberjanes, Sleepy Hollow, Adventure Time, Adventure Time with Fionna & Cake, Bravest Warriors, The Midas Flesh, Nimona. (1002)
- Kurtis J. Wiebe Creator and writer of Rat Queens. (P-06)
This (very condensed) list highlights some panels you might not have noticed. It’s in order of when the panels are occurring, visit the ECCC website for more details on days/times/locations/etc.
- Supernatural Fan Panel – Sadly, the actual stars are going to be across town at the Supernatural Convention, so it’ll just be us nerds
- Loving What You Hate: How to Love Media That Doesn’t Always Love You Back – a panel on loving problematic media
- Meet The Valkyries – hear the insights of The Valkyries, a network of female comics retailers
- Diversity, Representation and the Changing Face of Mainstream Comics, Cover Artist Confidential
- Copyright Infringement and the Fair Use Doctrine Defense – great if you’re a fan creator!
- Image Comics Presents: Your New Favorite Comics – including Kurtis J. Wiebe, creator of our new favorite comic, Rat Queens
- How to Be a Nerd for a Living: Your Career in Nerd Culture
- How Can You Help Diversity in Gaming?
- Body Confidence and Positivity in Cosplay
- It’s a (Straight White Cisgendered) Man’s World – hear from folks in the industry who aren’t straight, white, cis men about their experiences.
- So Your Kids Want to Make Video Games?
- Science Fact in Comics
- Green Arrow to Katniss: Archery in Pop Culture – a panel of archers and archery nerds discussing archery
- Women in the Gaming Industry – Industry pros discuss their experiences as women in the industry
- Comics in the Classroom: Students as Makers
- Haley Atwell – Agent Carter on Agent Carter and the MCU
- John Barrowman – Captain Jack Harkness on Doctor Who/Torchwood and Merlin Mann on Arrow
- Clark Gregg – Agent Coulson on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the MCU
- Grant Imahara – Former Mythbuster, always awesome, robotics nerd
- Orlando Jones – Captain Frank Irving on Sleepy Hollow
- Alex Kingston – River Song on Doctor Who
- Anthony Mackie – Falcon from the MCU
- Jewel Staite – Kaylee Frye on Firefly
- Gina Torres – Zoe Washburn on Firefly
Be sure to download the ECCC app to navigate your way through the weekend!