Hey, it’s a Nerdhole sampler! We talk about a cool, short book by Kai Ashante Wilson, the sweet new video game by the folks behind Limbo, and a board game that briefly made NASCAR seem interesting. And we managed to bust out an entire podcast without talking about television. Achievement unlocked!
- Excerpt from The Sorcerer of the Wildeeps
- Free Wilson novelette from Tor.com: The Devil in America
- Interview with Kai Ashante Wilson, well worth a read
- Inside page with purchase links
- Yep, the music really was made using a human skull.
- Mary has since finished the game and thought the ending she reached was “kinda bullshit.” This article theorizes on the endings (spoilers, duh).
- BoardGameGeek review of Thunder Alley
- Rob Heinsoo recommended both Sorcerer and Thunder Alley, and you should be sure to check out his upcoming Legendary expansion based on Big Trouble in Little China. We playtested it and it is delightful–his blog has some neat previews and design notes.