We turn our steely gaze to The X-Files now that its new season has crept to a weird, abrupt halt. As ever, Rob and Paul couldn’t quite make it all the way through six hours of viewing in time to record the show, but Mary and special guest star Jo Jo Stiletto more than compensated with their deep, unsparing knowledge and affection for the series. We had a blast gabbing with Jo Jo, and will be sure to have her back as soon as her busy schedule permits.
- in case you missed season 10, here’s a great recap:
- X-Files News is the terrific, FOX-approved site Jo Jo mentioned.
- The AV Club has pretty massive X-Files archives, and they’re well worth a deep dive.
- Jo Jo’s terrific program notes for The Burl-X-Files: The Truth Is Down There
- Deny All Knowledge: Reading The X-Files is a collection of essays Jo Jo referred to on the podcast.
- PopLit, PopCult and The X-Files: A Critical Exploration also got a mention.
- Kumail Nanjiani’s podcast The X-Files Files
- Gillian Anderson on Twitter
- David Duchovny on Twitter
- Hashtag hijnks! Try #datx or #mulderisadick
- Oh, Ms. Anderson:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Jo Jo Stiletto is a burlesque producer, performer and historian who explores the intersection of feminism and pop culture. As an expert on burlesque and fandom, she has presented at events like the National Women’s Studies Association’s Annual Conference, GeekGirlCon, Nerd Nite, and has been interviewed by the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, NPR and more. Her works have included sold‐out events like Whedonesque Burlesque, The Burl‐X‐Files, Bechdel Test Burlesque and Guardians of the Sexy with Emerald City Comicon.