The Force awakened recently, and no doubt most of you have already seen the new, largely Lucas-free flick. Paul and Mary have plenty to say, while Rob listens attentively and occasionally highlights his ignorance of the franchise. The bottom line: We can maybe forgive those terrible prequels now.
- Here’s that nifty FX Breakdown video for the new movie.
- The Phantom Menace documentary Paul was describing:
- Article about the Anti-Cheese prequels (You’ll have to find the extremely illegal files on your own – sorry!)
- This all-cheese edit is hilarious and maybe a little enraging:
- Here’s the first of seven videos in Red Letter Media’s review of The Phantom Menace, you can find the rest pretty easily on Red Letter Media’s YouTube channel. (Warning: While the review makes excellent points, the videos are peppered with a storyline featuring a character named Mr. Plinkett involving him holding women hostage in his basement. It’s… intended to be funny. Fast-forward through these parts and just get the review.)
- George Lucas says watching The Force Awakens was like seeing your children sold into “white slavery.”
- “Binary Sunset” from A New Hope—often referred to as Luke’s Theme—and “Rey’s Theme” from The Force Awakens.
- We discussed the Despecialized editions of the original films, and while they’re also not strictly legal, this article can tell you what you’re missing.
- The title says it best: “The guy who played Jar Jar Binks totally gets why audiences hated him.”
- We were wrong, Rogue One is not a Netflix series but a full theater release starring Alan Tudyk, Forest Whitaker, and more.
- Den of Geek has this full calendar of upcoming Star Wars films.
- On This American Life, John Hodgman recounts the lead-up to The Phantom Menace and the ensuing disappointment.
- SNL’s Kylo Ren Undercover Boss and the fan-made action figure.
- Emo Kylo Ren on Twitter.
- And here it is, the link you’ve been waiting for: Hot Guys Holding BB-8.