We eased up on the nerd a little this week and talked about a pair of tabletop games that can be fun for your less nerdy friends or kids. Paul and Rob adore 7 Wonders and its clever drafting mechanics, and then Paul goobs out over the expansion to Castle Panic called Wizard’s Tower–and even convinces Rob to give it a try despite his reservations about the base game.
- 7 Wonders strategy thread on Stack Exchange
- Here’s BoardGameGeek’s Ra page. We hope it comes back in print soon!
- For now, you can play Ra on their kinda ugly iOS app.
- Our recent podcast about Castle Panic
- Castle Panic on BoardGameGeek
If you really want to plumb the depths of the 7 Wonders Nerdhole, check out this 25K-word (no typo there) dissertation on strategy over on BoardGameGeek.