This time, the nerds rant about a clueless article that clutched its pearls about how it’s getting harder for white actors to get work. Then Paul takes a moment to get real about his new favorite iOS game Space Marshals.
A quick note (with spoilers) from Rob’s mention in the podcast about race and character death on The Walking Dead: we ran the numbers and the death percentages are actually the same–-50% of the show’s main white characters have died, as have 50% of the show’s main black characters. But that headline stat masks the fact that there just aren’t that many black characters around at any one time, and at this point we’re back to the unfortunate One Living Black Man situation.
- This great response piece was our first glimpse into the swirling vortex of stupid.
- A great roundup of Twitter responses to the offending article.
- And here’s a classic example of a 50% apology.
- The Nerds of Color blog kills it every day, and they’ve always got interesting stuff on The Walking Dead.
- And here’s their take on Agents of SHIELD.
- Space Marshals dev page
- Space Marshals on iTunes