Some special guests, some regular exhibitors. Booth number in parentheses.
- enfu Seattle artist, creator of comics and other geeky things (502)
- Levi Hastings Seattle artist, illustrator on the card game Salem, also paints dinosaurs and other geeky things! (1214)
- Jody Houser Writer of the upcoming Orphan Black comic (II-12)
- Matthew Inman Seattle writer/artist who created The Oatmeal. (202)
- Mike Mignola Creator of Hellboy. (A-09)
- Noelle Stevenson Comic writer and artist, known for Lumberjanes, Sleepy Hollow, Adventure Time, Adventure Time with Fionna & Cake, Bravest Warriors, The Midas Flesh, Nimona. (1002)
- Kurtis J. Wiebe Creator and writer of Rat Queens. (P-06)
This (very condensed) list highlights some panels you might not have noticed. It’s in order of when the panels are occurring, visit the ECCC website for more details on days/times/locations/etc.
- Supernatural Fan Panel – Sadly, the actual stars are going to be across town at the Supernatural Convention, so it’ll just be us nerds
- Loving What You Hate: How to Love Media That Doesn’t Always Love You Back – a panel on loving problematic media
- Meet The Valkyries – hear the insights of The Valkyries, a network of female comics retailers
- Diversity, Representation and the Changing Face of Mainstream Comics, Cover Artist Confidential
- Copyright Infringement and the Fair Use Doctrine Defense – great if you’re a fan creator!
- Image Comics Presents: Your New Favorite Comics – including Kurtis J. Wiebe, creator of our new favorite comic, Rat Queens
- How to Be a Nerd for a Living: Your Career in Nerd Culture
- How Can You Help Diversity in Gaming?
- Body Confidence and Positivity in Cosplay
- It’s a (Straight White Cisgendered) Man’s World – hear from folks in the industry who aren’t straight, white, cis men about their experiences.
- So Your Kids Want to Make Video Games?
- Science Fact in Comics
- Green Arrow to Katniss: Archery in Pop Culture – a panel of archers and archery nerds discussing archery
- Women in the Gaming Industry – Industry pros discuss their experiences as women in the industry
- Comics in the Classroom: Students as Makers
- Haley Atwell – Agent Carter on Agent Carter and the MCU
- John Barrowman – Captain Jack Harkness on Doctor Who/Torchwood and Merlin Mann on Arrow
- Clark Gregg – Agent Coulson on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the MCU
- Grant Imahara – Former Mythbuster, always awesome, robotics nerd
- Orlando Jones – Captain Frank Irving on Sleepy Hollow
- Alex Kingston – River Song on Doctor Who
- Anthony Mackie – Falcon from the MCU
- Jewel Staite – Kaylee Frye on Firefly
- Gina Torres – Zoe Washburn on Firefly
Be sure to download the ECCC app to navigate your way through the weekend!